Thursday, October 2, 2014

Blog 7: Independent Component Approval

1.For my 30 hours I plan to take over my mentor's History class for a day and teach her students a section of the Unit of history they are on. I will plan the lesson and activity and teach the class for the day. Of course, I won't be doing it all by myself. My mentor can assist me in planning the lesson and provide guidance/tips when needed. If I struggle at all during the actual teaching my mentor will right next to me to help and push me forward with the teaching.

2. I will have my mentor take pictures/video of me teaching her class, and the powerpoint of the lesson I taught to the students.

3. This will help me explore my topic as it will help me learn and feel what its like to be a history teacher and what is the best way for a History Teacher to engage the students to focus on myself and  the lesson I will be teaching.

2 comments:

  1. It's very cool that your mentor is allowing you to do this. Do you think that it will take you 30 hours to plan one lesson? It seems like a lot. Maybe you should plan a unit and teach a lesson. In any case, make sure to document in your log.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also need to see your Senior Project Hours Link.

    ReplyDelete