Sunday, August 31, 2014

Research Source

Since my Senior topic is on, "Teaching History" it is actually a bit hard to find research and articles on the topic. Most of what i find while digging through books and articles are either sources about, "History" or sources about, "Teaching," never both. Ive only been able to find a few articles that focus on, "Teaching History." However, while searching the bookstore on my Amazon Kindle I was able to find a book that will surely help me with my Senior Project. Its called, "Teaching What Really Happened, How to avoid the Tyranny of Textbooks & Get Students Excited About Doing History," by James W. Loewen. This book will surely help because the reason why I chose to do "Teaching History," for my Senior Project because History is my absolute favorite subject in school and I feel that students nowadays find History to be boring and not really as an important subject in school. I want to prove to people that History can be exciting and is actually important to one's education.

No comments:

Post a Comment